Friday, September 25, 2009

Travelling Blog

Out of the blue, I cruised through my previous blogs and to my disappointment, realized that there is not a single post about myself (well, my true-self at least). Yes, there are some posts in between that give you some peeks of my life, but they all revolve around school and academic stress. School does play a big part of my life, but it's not even close to who I am. So, I decided to make this particular blog special by adding a little Chaeri flavor in it.

I love to travel. Now by traveling, I don't necessarily mean going to exotic and breathe-taking places like Hawaii or Paris. Just simply walking over to a mysterious nearby place where I have never set my feet on before is a form of travel for me. Going to new places is also a form of escape. Away from school. Away from everything around me.

Traveling induces curiosity and curiosity takes my mind off from the psychology test which I did not do so well on. You get the idea.

Gary Arndt is a blogger who writes about his trips around the globe. He can be in Africa one day and then be in the Middle East before you even know it. His posts are very fun to read because he includes some of his own pictures and speaks out his thoughts about whatever place he is in.

His pictures are absolutely beautiful. Personally, I prefer pictures of a random street over a famous statue or building like (Mount Rushmore or CN Tower). There is so much beauty in the most simplest things that sometimes in order to find something extraordinary, all you have to do is just pause and look around you. We are so absorbed in getting through our lives that we barely take the opportunity to just STOP.

The street may appear to be a completely random, but at the same time, there is this sense of mystical power that is so captivating that you find yourself staring at that "random street" as a victim of its alluring force.

At present, he is in Calgary, Canada. He has just recently visited the Glacier National Park and has marveled at its beautiful glaciers.

Check out his blog

Everything Everywhere

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment