Sunday, November 22, 2009

Future is in.

Sometimes, I like to go to Youtube and watch music videos of K-Pop artists. When I reached the 23rd video, I noticed that many of them shared a similar trait: they were all very futuristic. It is amazing how fast trends change in music. Not too long ago, the 50s and the 60s were everywhere: tight and colorful skinny pants, tight shirts, ribbons in your hair, converse and you get the idea... Nowadays, everything seems to be very space-like with futuristic outfits and songs: Funky leggings, (I'm telling you, you would have to be blind to not notice these types of leggings), slick, black and shiny sunglasses, high pony tails, formal coats that have pointy shoulder ends and belts that come up all the way past your belly button. Even the music is becoming more computerized to make the voices sound like automatons. I have no problem with this new and unique style, but my parents seem to detest it. Nowadays, my mom, who also enjoys listening to music, spends her time reminiscing about the past music and how pleasing they were to her ears. I am afraid to listen to music without headphones, for the fear of arousing my mom's temper. I wonder what new trend will emerge in the future? Maybe the Stone Age is next in the line!

Check out some of the videos :)

2ne1, Fire


G-Dragon, Heartbreaker


4 Minute, Muzik


Shinhee, Ring Ding Dong


Picture: http://sookyeong.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/200904061038031002_1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment