Sunday, November 22, 2009

Technology: the cause of stress and frustration

At this moment, technology is a nightmare.

Yes, I repeat: a complete nightmare. If you utter i-movie, garage band, television, fridge, microwave, or alarm clock, I will collapse immediately on any surface, which I happen to be standing on. It is true that they were created to make our lives more convenient by allowing us to work on other things rather than go through the tedious tasks many people had to suffer back when technology was not so developed. I discovered a little bit of irony in this fact, for I had to face technology melt down today and it was not pleasant. Actually, things got a little ugly.

My parents went to jeju island for their wedding anniversary and left my brother and I alone at our house, leaving me with a huge responsibility of taking care of my little brother. Every Sunday, he has a swimming lesson at 10 in the morning. It was my job to wake him up at 8:30 so that he can take the bus to the pool. This, however, did not happen because my alarm clock, (which worked perfectly fine until this morning) did not ring. So, my brother started whining and complaining about how he is now unable to play with his friends in the pool because of me. Technically, it is not my fault; it's that clock's fault. As frustrated as I was, I did not even bother arguing with my brother because it is completely useless to blame something that is inanimate.

12:30pm. Lunch time. I looked in the fridge and oddly enough, I did not feel the chills that I usually get when opening the fridge. Then, I realized that the fridge was not working. Can my day get any better? First it was the alarm clock, and now it's the fridge. I touched the food to check if they were warm. Luckily, they were still cold. Nevertheless, I called my parents and as they always do, they started yelling at me. They of course, blamed me for the non-functioning fridge and made me open all the containers inside the fridge to see if the food have gone rotten. Oh, did I mention we have two fridges? Yes. It took hours!

3:30pm. Tired and Exhausted, I collapsed on the couch and turned on the TV. You may not be shocked to hear that the channel, which I enjoy watching the most, was not working. A screen appeared which said, "This channel is currently undergoing maintenance, so please be patient". Patience? That is the last thing I have right now!

4:18pm. Crap. I have to finish my World History project. Tragic.

8:00pm. YES! Finally finished! All I have to do is add music and export it into a movie file :)

8:12pm. WHHHAATTTTT?!? I have a problem. Whenever I export it into a movie file, all it gives me is this frightening, blank, white screen with just the sound playing. I just want to mention that I-movies consume so much time! Editing one just takes forever! I also happen to be very picky when it comes to making little movies/videos.. I have this tendency to make it perfect. (No I am not a perfectionist. I just happen to be a little sensitive when it comes to I-movies...) Nonetheless, I need help. No. I am in desperate need of help. Suggestions?

1:03am. Got everything under control. I fiddled around with every possible function on I-movie and got the movie working. YES! I am now tired, mad, frustrated, hungry, devastated, relieved (that I finished my homework) and confused. As of this moment, I am writing a blog entry expressing such inexplicable turmoil.

Oh dear Lord, what did I do to deserve this misery?

Picture: http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/jan2007/stress02.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment