Friday, November 27, 2009

My Idol

We call her a figure queen and an Asian miracle. Yuna Kim, a South Korean skater quickly rose to fame after winning the title as a World Champion.

Hold on a minute.

World Champion, for some peculiar reason, sounds too pompous and materialistic. It is true that she is one of the best skaters in the world; however, this is not the reason why she became my idol. It's not her victory and accomplishments that impress me, but her passion and determination. I often watch her skate on TV and have also personally met her both on the ice rink and at a fan meeting and I realized that it is not her amazing triple jumps and graceful movements that makes her a true inspiration for many people, but it is her love for skating that blows away our minds. She has the ability to share that love with the public by putting every passion and effort into each movement, which she executes with careful precision.

When I happen to see her on TV or on advertisement posters, I only wish for the same passion. She is lucky to have discovered something that she truly treasures and loves doing. I am one of the many people who is facing great difficulties in finding out such enthusiasm. As a senior at my high school, I feel more pressure and uncertainty when I am surrounded by my fellow classmates having a long discussion about colleges and applications. To make it worse, my parents often question my plans for the future. Honestly, my future plans are not yet decided upon, for I have not yet found the jackpot like Yuna.

Nonetheless, I still have hope and will one day discover my own zeal and passion.

Picture: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhF6dI3uqW2adlxSAKDDdIUaebCMCJ8Gv3IeM7CZmaV99dqriv4Fur2DTTUXlzL0iqrMdL8PHtSsOs3aMhtdlN9SooSkeR1Ir7fcuV_YWbxHuoQcN41FvWgMEfAyo4cruDxkj8p_68ZVeg/s400/YunaKim1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment