Friday, November 27, 2009

I am sorry

If there is one thing about me that bugs my parents, especially my dad, it is not greeting them when they come home. I remember getting into a big trouble for not even noticing that my dad came home from work because I was too occupied with watching TV.

'What's the big deal?' I thought to myself, 'I see him everyday'

After my parents finished yelling at me for my inappropriate behavior, I marched straight into my bedroom and slammed the door behind me to express my frustration. I thought they were making a big deal out of nothing.

'Sometimes parents can get so sensitive!' I wrote on my diary entry that day.

This morning, I searched through You-Tube to watch a funny video and I came across a rather emotional video of a ten-year-old girl crying at the sight of her dad, a U.S. soldier, who came to her school to surprise his young daughter. I felt warm tears in my eyes as I watched the little girl's countenance as her dad walked into the classroom. She was crying and was immediately embraced in her dad's arms. As I was watching this heartwarming video, I could not help but feel overwhelming guilt for treating my dad in such a rude manner.



Imagine what this girl must have felt every night... constantly worrying about her dad's safety and whether he will make it home without any injury or problems...

As for me, I always expect my dad to come home by dinner time so when he does come home, I am indifferent and nonchalant. After watching this video, I realized that from now on, I should appreciate my dad for coming home safely. After all, who wouldn't like a big hug or at least a smile when one comes back home from work?

Tonight, I plan on giving him a big hug.

Picture: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiSRmyAQKj9-Gz3TkiIl3ysrnkKN71aj1iqF3_T-RnYhIyZTfnU0Qr2KTxAXdxuECIwxEDSk0QpUYFJekE7at8Y06qanqRiCANdudYAEqHH_EiDmZLqc39josyWt1RqJD7jssztrHu4vtA/s320/Dad+&+Daughter.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment