Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Korean Entertainment becoming Global

Famous Korean singers such as Se7en and boA are currently pushing themselves beyond Asia and are becoming global entertainers. One thing I noticed about Hollywood is that Asian singers/actresses/actors hardly gain any special attention. It seems to me that even though these Korean singers entered into the world of stardom, their fans are mostly Asians and their progress is more closely observed and applauded in their homeland. Now, I'm not saying that it was useless of them to go to Hollywood; as a matter of fact, I am very proud that they had the courage to step up to the plate. Just listening to their music and watching their music videos left me with a question in my mind. When will Asian singers attract as much attention and become one of the "everyone knows him/her" type of person? No doubt are all famous Hollywood entertainers very talented but I just don't notice any Asian person who is as equally popular.

Anyways, watch the music video of
se7en "Girls" ft. lil Kim
(:



Eat You Up BoA MV


Video from YouTube
Eat You Up

No comments:

Post a Comment