Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No need to make a big deal.

As I was surfing through the internet, I came across an article that appalled me. A famous TV host/former singer was condemned for sexually harassing a high-teen idol star, Tiffany from SNSD. I quickly read through the article and sighed with disbelief. What a poor, and innocent man. He accidentally tripped over, unaware of the whereabouts of his hands. In fact, his hands weren't even touching Tiffany's body. Sure, there are pictures to provide evidence, but they are mere quick shots of what lasted about 3 seconds on the show. Honestly, I'ved watched the show and saw him fall over, but I did not see or notice any signs of sexual harassment. The quick captures of this 3 second event just makes it look as if he had bad intentions in his mind. When he was asked his opinion on the "false accusations", he expressed his frustration and disappointment as he told the press that this was completely unexpected and he is sad to think that people would actually believe such things. If I were in his shoes, I, too, would be in utter shock. How could an accidental fall result in suspicions of sexual harrassment? You lose control when falling; hence, are incognizant of where you arms or legs are flying. I felt a great deal of sympathy toward him. Sometimes, we don't realize that our actions can hurt others and are capable of leaving an unwanted scar deep inside, which can take a long time to heal.

Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment