Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mondays and Tuesdays

Mondays and Tuesdays used to be my least favorite days of the week. Weekends seemed so far away and there was nothing special to look forward to. That's the past. Now that a Korean drama show called "Boys over Flowers" came out, I have a reason to wake up on a cold monday morning. For those of you who don't know what Boys over Flowers is, here is a VERY brief and concise summary.

An ordinary, low-class girl named Jandi, becomes fortunate when she is invited to attend a prestigious school, Shinhwa School, where everyone is from the upper class of the society. In spite of her lack of fortune, her bright and unique personality receives attention from the four most popular and the richest guys at Shinhwa. Eventually, a love triangle is created between 2 members of F4 and Jandi. A great deal of drama is created between these three characters.

Although, this may sound very cheesy and is most likely not going to occur anytime in my life, the suspense it creates draws me in to this every-girl's dream world. Not to mention, all the actors are extremely good looking, which is another reason why I can't help but stare at the TV screen.

My parents don't understand why I enjoy this show. Personally, I don't really know either. Korean dramas tend to have this special characteristic "power" that makes the viewers want to watch more. I wonder what will happen next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment